· Do not take more of a multivitamin and minerals than is prescribed for you or is directed on the package. Large doses of Flintstones Complete can be dangerous.
· Vitamins and minerals are naturally occurring substances necessary for many processes in the body. Vitamins and minerals are found in the foods we eat.
· Multivitamins (combinations of vitamins) and minerals are available in tablets, capsules, liquids, and injections. Flintstones Complete are used to treat vitamin and mineral shortages in the body that may occur because of illness, pregnancy, poor nutrition, decreased absorption of foods through the stomach, and many other circumstances.
· Flintstones Complete may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
· Some Flintstones Complete may affect other medical conditions or treatments. Do not start taking a vitamin or mineral without first talking to your doctor if you have any health problems or conditions, or if you take other medications.
· Flintstones Complete are generally considered to be safe for use during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Special prenatal vitamins are available and are important for the healthy development of a baby. However, large doses of some vitamins can be harmful. Talk to your doctor about taking a vitamin and mineral supplement during pregnancy or breast-feeding.
· Take Flintstones Complete exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
· Take each dose with a full glass of water.
· Take Flintstones Complete with food to lessen stomach upset.
· Some Flintstones Complete are available in a chewable tablet formulation. Chew these tablets thoroughly before swallowing.
· Some Flintstones Complete are also available in liquid form. To ensure that you get the correct dosage, measure liquid Flintstones Complete with a dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist where you can get one.
· Do not take more of a vitamin or mineral than is prescribed for you or is directed on the package. Large doses of Flintstones Complete can be dangerous.
· Store Flintstones Complete at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
· Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose.
· Seek emergency medical attention.
· Most commonly, symptoms of a vitamin and mineral overdose include nausea and vomiting.
· There are no restrictions on food, beverages, or activities while you are taking vitamin or mineral supplements. Follow any special instructions your doctor gives you.
· Stop taking Flintstones Complete and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives).
· Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Nausea, constipation, black stools, and diarrhea are among the most common. Taking Flintstones Complete with food may decrease these side effects.
· Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
· Before taking a multivitamin and mineral, tell your doctor if you are taking any other prescription or over-the-counter medicines. You may not be able to take the multivitamin and mineral supplement, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring if you are taking any other medicines.
· Your pharmacist has more information about Flintstones Complete written for health professionals that you may read.