|Home||Diseases & Disorders||Medications||Parenting & Pregnancy||Medical Dictionary|
|Talk Medical > Medications > Vasodilan Side Effects, Vasodilan Dosage|
Subscribe to the free monthly health digest.
Relevant health articles just for you.
Generic Name: isoxsuprine Brands: Vasodilan, Voxsuprine
What is the most important information I should know about Vasodilan?
· Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Isoxuprine may cause dizziness. If you experience dizziness, avoid these activities. Also, rise slowly from a sitting or lying position to avoid falling.
· Notify your doctor if you experience a rash or bothersome irregular heartbeats.
· Vasodilan has been withdrawn from the U.S. market.
What is Vasodilan?
· Vasodilan is in a class of drugs called vasodilators. Vasodilan relaxes veins and arteries, which makes them wider and allows blood to pass through them more easily.
· These actions may help treat the symptoms of conditions such as cerebral vascular insufficiency (poor blood flow to the brain), arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), Raynaud's phenomenon, and other conditions involving poor blood flow in the veins and arteries.
· Vasodilan may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Vasodilan?
· Vasodilan should not be used immediately postpartum (after delivering a baby), or if you have a bleeding disorder. Talk to your doctor about any other medical conditions that you have.
· Vasodilan is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether Vasodilan will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
· It is not known whether Vasodilan passes into breast milk. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take Vasodilan?
· Take Vasodilan exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
· Take each dose with a full glass of water.
· Vasodilan is usually taken three or four times a day. Follow your doctor's instructions.
· It is important to take Vasodilan regularly to get the most benefit.
· Your doctor may want you to have blood tests or other medical evaluations during treatment with Vasodilan to monitor progress and side effects.
· Store Vasodilan at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I miss a dose?
· Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication.
What happens if I overdose?
· Seek emergency medical attention if an overdose is suspected.
· Symptoms of an Vasodilan overdose include weakness, lightheadedness, fainting, nausea, and vomiting.
What should I avoid while taking Vasodilan?
· Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Vasodilan may cause dizziness. If you experience dizziness, avoid these activities. Also, rise slowly from a sitting or lying position to avoid falling.
What are the possible side effects of Vasodilan?
· Stop taking Vasodilan and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives).
· Stop taking Vasodilan and contact your doctor if you develop a rash.
· Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take Vasodilan and talk to your doctor if you experience ·chest pain or an irregular heartbeat (call your doctor if this becomes bothersome); ·nausea or vomiting; or ·dizziness or weakness.
· Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
What other drugs will affect Vasodilan?
· Drugs used to treat high blood pressure and other heart conditions may increase the effects of Vasodilan. Special monitoring may be necessary.
· Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with Vasodilan or affect your condition. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products.
Where can I get more information?
· Your pharmacist has additional information about Vasodilan written for health professionals that you may read.
Related to Vasodilan
Mytab Gas Side Effects
Phenergan Fortis Dosage
Zoloft Side Effects
Icar Prenatal Chewable Calcium Dosage
Talk about Vasodilan